Privacy of your personal information is an important part of the clinic, while providing you with quality naturopathic care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information responsibly. We will try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information.
All staff members who come in contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are trained in the appropriate use and protection of your information.
- Only necessary information is collected about you;
- We only share your information with your consent;
- Storage, retention and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation and privacy protection protocols;
- Our privacy protocols comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act)
How our Clinic Collects, Uses and Discloses Patients’ Personal Information
The clinic understands the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined how the clinic is using and disclosing your information.
The clinic will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- To assess your health concerns
- To provide health care
- To advise you of treatment options
- To establish and maintain contact with you
- To send you newsletters and other information mailings
- To remind you of upcoming appointments
- To communicate with other treating health-care providers
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- To complete claims for insurance purposes
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts
- To comply with all regulatory and legal requirements including court orders, statutory requirements to advise authorities of child abuse, reportable diseases and individuals who may be an imminent threat to harm themselves or others
- To use for educational and research purposes at the clinic (this includes case summaries, photographs, lab results and other pertinent medical information). Your identity will be protected at all times and if necessary, identifying information will be altered to protect your privacy in all the above instances.
Consultation with other health professionals
As part of Naturopath Kath’s effort to provide the highest standard of care, practitioners may consult with other healthcare professionals whose care you are under, regarding any of your medical treatments or relevant information. This could include the exchange of both verbal and written communications (including pathology and blood test results). Your consent to treatment also gives full consent so that Naturopath Kath may share personal information and your confidential treatment plan with your other healthcare providers to better your care.
Newsletter and email communications
By providing your email address, you agree that Naturopath Kath can contact you via email for information relating to your health care, including but not limited to summaries of appointments, invoices, reminders and further resources. You also agree to receiving newsletters from Naturopath Kath, which you may unsubscribe from at any time.